"The good leave an inheritance to their children's children” -Proverbs 13:22
The Vision Team would like to thank everyone who attended the congregational listening event on Sunday, April 8. For those of you that were there, you will recall that we summarized the prior meetings and then worked on developing our God Sized Dreams. We received a large number of your thoughts and dreams and are now in the process of summarizing them as we continue the discernment stage of the Vision process. Attached you will find a video replay of the session on April 8, in case you missed it, as well as the slide deck used during the meeting. If you did not get a chance to attend or submit your individual God Sized dream, it is not too late!! Please send them to the following e-mail address email@example.com. We will be checking the email over the next number of days for additional thoughts. Also, see below for the list of books mentioned on Sunday by Bill Wilson, if interested…
- Christian Social Innovation by L. Gregory Jones
- To Dream Again by Robert D. Dale
- You Lost Me by David Kinnaman
So what are the next steps of this process? As Bill discussed on Sunday, we are just finishing the Discovery Phase and moving into the Dream/Discern Phase, as outlined below
1. Discovery Phase (90-120 days)
- three congregational conversations: Past, Present, Future. Community Awareness focus.
2. Dream/Discern Phase (90-120 days)
- Leadership Team discerns and designs key initiatives (God-sized Dreams). Congregation gives input, endorsement.
- Mid-June: rough draft shared with focus groups and others over the summer
- Final report prepared and ready for release by September
- September: WPC adopt/endorse 4-5 Key Initiatives
3. Design/Implementation Phase (3-5 years)
- An implementation plan and teams are created for bringing your dreams to reality. SMART goals are created and alignment of Structure, Finances, Staff, and Facilities becomes the focus.
So stay tuned and pray for discernment as we move through the next stages. We will continue to send updates as applicable.
Thanks for all the support!
Co-Chairof the Vision Team