Last Tuesday, Westminster’s Session endorsed the following members of a Task Group formed to assess and make recommendations on the use of Westminster’s campus during and following the COVID-19 pandemic. The Task Group has its first meeting this evening.
While we look forward to the day when we will be back together, we do not know when that day will be, or what it will look like when the time comes. We are not only governed by the civil authorities on these matters, but are also under the authority of Donegal Presbytery, which has established guidelines for congregational opening. The group below, along with Church Administrator Gerry McShane and me as head of staff, will work to provide the Session with recommendations for safety protocols related to any ministries on Westminster’s campus. Please keep the group in prayer.
- Steve Brown; MA in Public Administration in Health Services; Retired hospital and healthcare systems CEO. Current Westminster Trustee; member for 2 years.
- Karen Finley, BSN RN; Retired nurse and case manager from Chester County Hospital. Current Westminster Deacon; member for 45 years.
- Scott Lockledge, Ph.D., scientist and entrepreneur in global companies; CEO and co-founder of two nanotechnology start-up enterprises; experience crafting and advising on science policy in Congress and the White House. Current Westminster Elder; member for 12 years.
- Jim Scanlon, Ph.D., superintendent of the West Chester Area School District since 2009; previously teacher, principal, superintendent; member for 2 years.
- Steve Simonson, M.D. Senior VP and Chief Medical Officer for Windtree Therapeutics, a biotech company developing therapies for respiratory disease; member for 23 years.
- Barb Sivek, COO; CHIME Foundation – which provides strategic leadership for five major healthcare industry supported foundations. Resting Westminster elder; member for 38 years.
So, for the present time, let me remind you, the CHURCH is NOT CLOSED! While our building may not be open, you and I know the church is being the church – in worship, in prayer, in fellowship, in pastoral care, in study, in mission and ministry. Friends, let us all continue to “BE THE CHURCH” – until that time comes when it is safe for us to gather!